Step 1: Signing up for your LEED Exam and Member Savings
You want to complete your LEED Exam. It all starts with creating a USGBC account. Registration is easy. Simply click “Credentials” from your USGBC account. A window of available credentials for you to select is shown. Scheduling your exam is recommended with a 2-to-3 month study period. This will allow you enough time to pass your exam the first time!
Member LEED Exam Registration Savings are for “full-time students” and "members" of an organization affiliated with a USGBC membership. During the checkout process, make sure to select your discount option. The price will reflect your discount during the checkout process.
Recommended Exam Material
Step 2: LEED Exam Format and Skipping Questions
The USGBC and GBCI proctor the LEED exam which consists of 100 multiple-choice questions and 15 pretest questions. Not every question is graded, and your score is based on a 125-200-point scale. Pilot questions exist and are not graded. The LEED AP Homes Exam consists of difficult questions that typically have more than one right answer, with a “best” answer as the correct option.
Because of the difficulty of the LEED Exam, we recommend skipping difficult questions for a later review. The 2-hour exam will provide you with enough time to review the question and wording to solve any trick questions. There is no penalty for guessing compared to an incomplete response, so remember to answer each question and not leave anything blank.
Step 3: LEED Homes Exam Question Topics
With the LEED Homes Exam, the types of questions cover three types of cognitive functions: Recall, Application, and Analysis.
- Recall Questions: Require you to memorize facts and figures. These types of questions usually are straightforward and require memorization of the LEED rating system.
- Application Questions: They require you to apply your understanding of the LEED rating system to real-world applications. You must understand what a project must do to achieve credit.
- Analysis Question: These are the hardest questions and require a depth of understanding of the LEED rating system and how it correlates among the credits.
LEED AP Homes Exam V4
- 9 QuestionsLEED Process
- 9 QuestionsLocation and Transportation
- 9 QuestionsSustainable Sites
- 10 QuestionsWater Efficiency
- 17 QuestionsEnergy and Atmosphere
- 10 QuestionsMaterials and Resources
- 13 QuestionsIndoor Environmental Quality
- 5 QuestionsInnovation
- 3 QuestionsRegional Priority
- 5 QuestionsPretest Questions
Step 4: LEED Homes Exam Prep
If your plan is to pass your LEED AP Homes exam in your first attempt, then we have the study bundle you are looking for. The LEED AP Homes Study Bundle contains the #1 study exam software on the market. With a depth of information that leads the industry, you will not be disappointed with the exam simulator. Each question contains detailed information on why an answer is correct. That way, you gain the knowledge you need to pass the exam. Additionally, the study bundle includes memorization tools like flashcards. These will help you memorize the recall questions on the exam. Start studying today for your LEED AP Homes exam with the best LEED Exam Prep.
Recommended Exam Material
LEED Exam Prep Homes Study Bundle
Free Practice Tests and Guides