Step 1: LEED Exam Registration and Savings
Completing your registration process is simple and easy to accomplish. You will need to create a USGBC account then simply click “Credentials” on your LEED USGBC profile. We recommend scheduling your exam with a 2-3 month study period. This will give you more than enough time to prepare and study for your exam and pass on your first try!
Savings on exam registration fees are for full-time students and candidates of an organization that has a USGBC membership. Discounted pricing is reflected in your checkout process, so make sure your savings are applied by checking "full-time student" or "member organizational discount" during the checkout process.
Recommended Exam Material
Step 2: Format of the LEED Exam and Skipping Questions
The USGBC and GBCI grade questions are based on a sliding scale that is represented by the score 125-to-200 point scale. The exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions with 15 pretest questions. Not every question is graded, and some questions have multiple answers with the “best” answer as the correct option.
Coming back to skipped questions is recommended. You can mark a question for review and with 2 hours of completion time, you have more than enough time to carefully reread the question for tricks in the wording. Remember, there is no penalty for a wrong answer compared to an unanswered question. Make sure to answer each question.
Step 3: LEED Exam Question Topics
The LEED Exam, Interior Design + Construction, evaluates the scope of your understanding using three different types of questions: Recall, Application, and Analysis.
- Recall questions: Typically, fact-oriented questions. The answers come straight from the reference book and answers are usually easier to determine.
- Application Questions: These require you to apply your understanding of the LEED rating system to real-world scenarios. These questions usually ask you to review a project with specific conditions.
- Analysis Questions: Harder questions that require a depth of understanding of the LEED rating system. Usually, “best” answer types of questions that grade your understanding of the synergies in the credit application process.
LEED AP INTERIOR DESIGN + CONSTRUCTION Exam V4
- 11 QuestionsLEED Process
- 8 QuestionsIntegrative Strategies
- 8 QuestionsLocation and Transportation
- 10 QuestionsWater Efficiency
- 15 QuestionsEnergy and Atmosphere
- 17 QuestionsMaterials and Resources
- 16 QuestionsIndoor Environmental Quality
- 15 QuestionsPretest Questions
Step 4: LEED Exam Prep
This ID+C Platinum Study Bundle includes everything you need to pass your exam. It contains the original #1 selling exam simulator. Each question on the exam simulator has been thoroughly tested by a staff of experts and contains detailed explanations that will help guide you through your testing process. You also get access to webinar video training that covers the core concepts of the LEED ID+C exam. For memorization, the study bundle contains flashcards and memory sheets that will test your recall ability for fact-based answers that are the easier test questions to answer.
Recommended Exam Material
LEED Candidate Handbook
LEED Key terms: Glossary
Paid Study Material
LEED Practice Questions
Study Bundle: Video, Study Guide, Flashcards, Exam Simulator and more
LEED Exam Prep ID+C Study Bundle: Everything you need to pass
Free Practice Tests and Guides