Step 1: Exam Registration and Student + Member Savings
Registration is an easy process to accomplish. Create a LEED USGBC account on their website. After clicking “Credentials” you will see a list of credentials available to you as a candidate. Schedule your exam for a recommended 2-3 months to give yourself enough time to fully prepare and pass your exam the first time.
Discounted Pricing is available if you are a full-time student or a member of a LEED USGBC organization. At the checkout process, make sure to select your discount. The reflected discounted price will be shown in your checkout cart.
Recommended Exam Material
Step 2: Skipping questions and the format of the LEED Exam
The scale of the LEED exam is scored between a 125 to 200 scale system based on the past scores of other candidates and the difficulty of the LEED questions you are tested under. Each question is a multiple-choice question and some questions have more than one solution, but one “best” answer. The GBCI and USGBC will include in the exam both questions that are graded and ungraded.
Skipping questions is highly recommended. You will have an option of marking the more difficult questions to later come back and answer them. Make sure to reread each difficult question to catch the hidden meaning or trick that is in the wording. At the end of your 2-hour exam, you should have enough time to go over each of the questions one more time to make sure you pass the first time.
Step 3: LEED Exam Question Topics
This LEED Exam, Operations + Maintenance, grades your understanding on three different levels: Recall, Application, and Analysis.
- Recall Questions: Usually fact-based questions that are straight from the reference book. They are typically easier questions to answer.
- Application Questions: A real-life example that you use your sustainability understanding solving. This type of question follows the procedure and use of the credit system.
- Analysis Question: This type of question requires you to understand each facet of detail and possess the ability to break down a problem and view the relationships between credits.
LEED Operations + Maintenance Exam V4
- 12 QuestionsLEED Process
- 5 QuestionsLocation and Transportation
- 9 QuestionsSustainable Sites
- 13 QuestionsWater Efficiency
- 21 QuestionsEnergy and Atmosphere
- 10 QuestionsMaterials and Resources
- 15 QuestionsIndoor Environmental Quality
- 15 QuestionsPretest Questions
Step 4: LEED Exam Prep
The O+M Study Bundle includes the #1 selling practice exams. They cover the scope of the exam from start to finish by providing you a real simulation of the LEED O+M exam that covers each of the exam topics with detailed explanations. Online Video is also included in this bundle. Watch the core concepts being covered in an easy-to-follow format. Additionally, the LEED O+M platinum bundle includes memorization tools like flashcards and memory “cheat sheets” that will reinforce the recall questions that are present in the LEED Exam. You will not be disappointed in this complete bundle that contains everything you need to know to pass the test!
Recommended Exam Material
LEED Candidate Handbook
LEED Key terms: Glossary
Paid Study Material
LEED Practice Questions
Study Bundle: Video, Study Guide, Flashcards, Exam Simulator and more